Your dryer is most probably one of the most important home appliance you have in your home. Dryers help in drying clothes and other items. Regardless of the weather outside your house, you can wash your clothes and throw them into a drier for quick drying. Having spent a lot of money to acquire that high-end drier, we know that you expect and deserve good service from your drier. When your drier suddenly breaks down, this can be very frustrating especially if you and your family members are heavily dependent on it. Additionally, running a faulty drier can be cause a spike in your energy bill.
How a Dryer Works
Dryers have a rotating drum, commonly known as a tumbler, which helps in circulating hot air through wet clothes causing moisture to evaporate from the clothes. The humid air that results from the process is pushed out of the dryer through a venting system to the outside of your house. This in turn creates room for dry air to circulate and facilitate the drying process.
Types of Driers in the Market
There are two main types of driers in the market:
- Electric- These dryers run on electricity and cost lesser than gas dryers. They are less expensive to install and they have minimum exhaust requirements with only steam venting needed to have them fully functional.
- Gas- Gas dryers run on propane or natural gas. They cost a little more than electric dryers. Gas dryers require specialized venting to be installed.
Depending on the type of dryer you have in your home, our team of experts in New York City will quickly diagnose the problem and find viable solutions to the problems.
Common Problems We Fix
At Top Appliance Repair NYC, we pride ourselves for having the skill, experience and expertise needed to handle a wide range of dryer appliance repairs. Give us a call when you discover any of the following issues:
- Your drier has refused to run- When your dryer won’t run, check to ensure that it is plugged in properly and that the circuit break has not been tripped. This problem may also be caused by a damaged terminal block, broken thermostat or a faulty start switch.
- There is no heat coming from the dryer- In the event that your dryer drums are rotating but no heat is being produced, you will need to call a dryer appliance repair pro to check what the problem might be with your dryer. This problem may be due to a faulty temperature switch, faulty heating coils, thermostat or temperature switch.
- The drum is not spinning- if the drum stops spinning, it means that your clothes won’t dry. This problem may arise due to a bad roller, broken belt, idler puller or a faulty motor.
- Your drier gets overheated- An overheated drier is a cause for immediate concern. This problem can quickly escalate into a nasty accident. You need to call one of our dryer appliance repair pro who will respond with speed to resolve this situation. Overheating dryers are often caused by clogged vents, bad thermostats or faulty heating coils.
Our team of dryer repair experts can also help in replacing the following components:
iv. Heating coils
v. Idler pulleys
x. Temperature switches
Why Hire Us?
At Top Appliance Repair NYC, we have both the skills and expertise needed to handle a wide range of dryer appliance repair and maintenance problems. When you hire us, we make sure that we offer you a competitive price for our services, agree on a solid budget before we begin work and we endeavor to leave your home as clean as the way we found it.
Prevent inconvenient breakdowns, high energy bills and safety issues by hiring us for regular professional maintenance services. We are a family-friendly company with dedicated technicians who will quickly and professionally handle all your dryer appliance repair and maintenance needs. Call us today for a free quotation.